Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org this posting was posted on 11/17/2020
WORS, INC was established in 1982. We provide quality cooling products to the oil and gas industry. By 2007, WORS, Inc had expanded into the design and fabrication of pressure vessels. Today, we are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers by providing quality designs based on years of experience and industry standards. From pulsation bottles to shell-and-tube heat exchangers, we offer diversified solutions to best serve our customers. WORS, Inc. is committed to providing quality products and solutions.
We are currently looking for a Financial Controller.
The Controller acts as Financial Business Partner and reports directly to the Founder CEO. The Controller has immediate responsibility for the organization’s accounting practices, fiscal records, and preparation of its financial statements and related reports. One primary responsibility will include directing and monitoring accounting operational processes with emphasis on fixed assets accounting, end-to-end procedures, standardized practices, and internal controls. Directs internal and external audit coordination, cost accounting systems and information, budget preparation and control. Responsible for appraising operating results in terms of costs, budgets, policies of operations, trends, and increased profitability. This is a highly confidential role.
• Reports to the Founder CEO key metrics and controls to inventory and proposing initiatives to improve such metrics.
• Advises Founder CEO on financial matters and compliance issues.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Prepares financial reports, budgets, and other data as required.
• Interprets financial results as they affect operations and sales functions.
• Monitors expenditures and coordinates corrective action to budgets.
• Develops proposals for capital expenditures and develops projections and meets budget requirements for all manufacturing operations.
• Manage all fixed asset accounting functions, including asset acquisition/disposal, ensure assets are properly recorded in the appropriate cost center, reconcile asset sub-ledger and annual CAPEX budget. • Work with operations to conduct annual fixed asset inventories and review supply inventory counts.
• Ensure financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations.
• Perform and manage monthly closing activities and special projects as needed.
• Guides and assist in the year-end close, preparing annual financial statements, annual audit, and compiling required audit schedules and reconciliations.
• Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management.
• Assist the Accountant team in areas such as planning and organizing.
• Ensure financial results are reported accurately and timely.
• Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
• Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
• Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
• Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
• • Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
• Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Eight (8) years of experience in business planning, developing budgets, tracking budget expenses, and financial analysis. Preferably in the manufacturing and service industry pertaining to Oil and gas.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Excellent organizational and management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to perform critical analysis as required.
· Able to synthesize and summarize an organization’s financial results into concise and actionable reports.
· Ability to effectively present information to the Founder CEO.
· Ability to lead people without authority and work in a team setting.
Benefits at WORS, Inc.:
• WORS, Inc. Provides Competitive Pay
• Medical Insurance
• Paid Sick Days
• Paid Holidays
Other Important Information:
We are not offering relocation with this position.
Must be able to pass a pre-hire:
Driving test administered by White Oak Radiator Service Inc.’s Safety Manager
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.